IMOTSKI HALF DAY TRIP
HIDDEN BEHIND MOUNTAIN BIOKOVO, JUST NEAR IMPRESSIVE BLUE AND RED LAKE LAYS IMOTSKI, THE TOWN OF RICH HISTORY AND TRADITION.
Imotski, one of the most picturesque cities in inland Dalmatia, less than an hour drive from Makarska, is located in Biokovo mountain hinterland and near the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. On our way from Makarska to our destination the road leads us over Biokovo, through Dalmatias hinterland and over the Field of Imotski and Vrljika river. Streets of the city are “painted” with typical stone facades that give city mediterranean charm. Witnessing turbulent past, just over the city centre stands the Topana fortress dating back to 10th century. From fortress you have an excellent view over the Blue lake, summer bathing spot and scenicall walkway that is ideal for spending your free time. Another one, Red lake, the deepest karst lake in Europe is located 1,5 km away.
Join us and research natural and historical beauties of Imotski and enjoy interesting stories about local people. We invite you to taste local wines and specialities and maybe you even hear the sound of typical traditional singing called ganga.
- Licensed guide
Tour does not include
- Personal cost
- Entrance tickets to Blue lake
- Departure 8:30 pick-up from hotel/bus station
- Arrival to Imotski – approx 9:30
- Old town Imotski guided walking tour (duration 30 minutes)
- Free time for lunch, shopping and exploring
- Drive to Red lake and winery
- Departure from Imotski
- Arrival back to hotel
- Suitable for families with young children and senior travelers. Tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Times and duration are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
This tour is available:
- every Thursday and Sunday from May 1st till October 31st
- On request
- Language spoken: English, German (other languages on request)
Imotski – 55€
every Thursday and Sunday from May 1st till October 31st
- Includes: transfer, guide, wine tasting, Blue Lake entrance fee
- Excludes: personal cost
- Duration: 6 hours
- Group: Minimum 6 guest